This is an exceptional value for a Turnkey B&B that is located in the heart of the geographical center of the 48 states!
Over the years, care has been taken to preserve the victorian flavor of the grand mansion, which has valiantly served smith center and the surrounding area. The two-story frame home is decorated with converted carbide and kerosene lights, rich imported stained-glass windows, cherry, oak and maple woodwork, and bay windows. The entryway and staircase are particularly impressive as are the elaborate oak and cherry fireplaces that display original imported tile. The Mansion is a fine mix of elegance and convenience suitable for vacationers, business people, weddings, hunters, etc.
Under the current ownership, ingleboro mansion is quite successful and has more than doubled its room occupancy and revenues. Yet this profitable business could be expanded further to incorporate the ideas, hobbies, and passions of new owners.
Ingleboro Mansion, located in the heart of Smith Center, KS, has a truly fascinating history. J. R. Burrow moved to smith center in the early 1880s and founded the 1st national bank of smith center. The mansion was built in 1899 as a private residence for burrow and his 3rd wife, whose maiden name was Ingalls; thus they named their new home â€Å“Ingleboroâ€ÂÂÂÂ. Burrow later moved to topeka and became president of the central national bank and kansas secretary of state. During the Burrowâ€™s years, the house and grounds covered a city block, which included a private park complete with deer, a stream, peacocks, and a gazebo.
Burrow sold the mansion to Henry Williams in 1905. This family continued to use Ingleboro as their home for almost two decades. Then it was sold to Dr. C. C. Funk, who turned it into a hospital. Most of those born in Smith Center between 1921 and 1951 were delivered in an upstairs bedroom. In 1952, Mr. And Mrs. C. E. Mahin opened the mansion as a nursing home. They were joined by the Burleys in 1955.
When the nursing home closed after 22 years, the Burleys renovated the residence and turned it into a restaurant. This tradition continued even as ownership of the mansion changed two more times. In 1982, Dave Haug began operating the Ingleboro Restaurant and lounge and added the Inglenook Bed and Dinner. Joe and Darla Conaway purchased the mansion in 1997 and operated it as a restaurant and a bed and breakfast until january of 2000 when the restaurant was closed.
In august of 2000, the current owners, Bruce and Bobbi Miles, moved here from Denver after staying at the bed and breakfast several times. â€Å“we fell in love with the friendliness of the local people and the slower pace of this mid-western town. Since it is centrally located, it is convenient for our children and grandchildren to visit no matter where in the states they move.â€ÂÂÂÂ
Laundry Electric Hookup
Stainless Steel Appliances
Family Room/Great Room
Media Room/Home Theatre
Main Floor Bathroom
Main Floor Bedroom
Main Street Location
On site Health Care
Within 5 Miles from Park
Within 5 Miles from Fitness Center
Walking Distance to Town/Shopping
Community Activity Center
Community Golf Course
For additional information on this property click here.
This property has had 621 views
Information provided is for viewer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties the viewer may be interested in. All information is deemed reliable but its accuracy is not guaranteed and the viewer should independently verify all information.